November 2018 Tech Committee Notes

From OCARC
Jump to: navigation, search

Tech meeting notes Nov 6, 2018 -

Allen VA7AZV Chair Tech Meeting Notes Meeting Started @ 8:08 PM #14 members in attendance.

1. Little White repeater; Ian has 2nd repeater and requires further work before installation. The transmitter is on the wrong frequency and needs a corrected chip. Maker is dead. Ian is working on a solution.
    Trip - Sar will plan in Sept 2018- make work list - turn on UHF, check Solar Panels and cables.

2. Big White repeater; Working

3. Dilworth repeater; Advertize PL recieve tones on website, council and on Dilworth. Add the PL tentively.


-------------------
4. Orchard repeater; Ham wan is installed and IRLP raspberry pi is in place. Its not working. We think its may be cabling. Allen VA7AZV will work with Stephan VA7STV to fix wiring harness on the node and assess power usage. Building needs some repair. Geoff VE7WAT would like to is a Telco line (VIOP) installed. Darcy has the VOIP ready for phone patch to give to Geoff Allen will check with Geoff


5. BlueGrouse ; no change

6. Black Knight; Jessie and Fred will be making a final visit -
      Omega/Fred Met with Warren-install Sec cam and telemetry free pwr.

7. D-Star repeaters. Ian is talking to Industry Canada to re-start. 1.2 - Is on now.

----------------------------------------------------Email Ian. Remove Battery from generator.

8. Cedar Creek Club Station. Liner Amp, does have one blown Mosfet Salmon Arm has protection circuit mod. Rob Hickman VE7HMN has mod to fix. Grounding check. Halliards on the loop are worn. Need to Blow out computers. Alarm system reporting needs to be setup Will get modules from  Mike Fleming VE7FI


8b. Winlink : Working Tom is using from USA

9. Kuipers Peak; The new Fusion repeaters are Due next week and Fred VA7UN  says we should be on the air in 3 weeks(ish)  Stephen will test 3m HW. UHF up and working. VHF to be done.
City says no generator on site.

10. APRS Sites; VA7OGO-15 Revelstoke City I-gate. Not Working. Anyone in the area please pick up the radio, power supply, antenna, coax and pipemast.

12. HamWan;  Installing new at firehall

14. List of Gaming projects for 2019.
Status is submitted - wiating for approval
-------------------------------------
1. Grab and Go Kit Upgrades (System Fusion Digital Radios) Supporters: Geoff VE7WAT, Fred VA7UN Need to inventory existing kits Ideally we build 6 Should be the same radios as used at the club stations ftm-100s
2. Complete (Fix) Hamtronix Repeater Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Ian VE7BST
3. OKM DCI Filters Supporters: Fred VA7UN , Chris Ve7, Geoff VE7WAT -OKM and Kuipers
4. OKM Hamwan Equipment- Supporters: Stephan VA7STV Fred VA7UN
5. Batteries KUI Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV
6. Batteries OKM Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV
7. Repeater Site Relay control Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV, Stephan VA7STV 5 -DenKobi
8. Campbell mountain hamwan.
9. Wires-X Node HCI-200 Link Radio Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Dave VA7ZA
10. Ellison HF Supporters: Allen VA7AZV, Tom VE7ENP, John VE7JWS - Endfed 80m
11. OKM Site establishment.


-----------------------------------------
15. Okanagan Mountain - Paperwork almost done. Crystal can needs work done. Fred talking to Ed of Parks

16. Ham Club HandHeld ICOM radios: recovered by Chris VE7QN from the RCMP.

17. OCARC Website hacked, Stephen fixed Drupal users will be added for repeaters.

18. Crystal Can 147.000 off the air. needs to be powered back up. - Fred will do in weeks.

19. Chris has extra climbing gear for club.

21. 7800 - loaned to Karsa Geof VE7WAT

22. Ham Course - Gord will coordinate - Jan 16 2019 - 13 weeks Alan will book rooms, Doug will forward 2017 data.
Will post to Website ASAP


Next meeting Dec 5, 2018, 19:00 hours