May 2018 Tech Committee Notes
Tech meeting notes April 3, 2018 -
Allen VA7AZV Chair Tech Meeting Notes Meeting Started @ 7:12 PM #15 members in attendance.
1. Little White repeater; Ian has 2nd repeater and requires further work before installation. The transmitter is on the wrong frequency and needs a corrected chip. Maker is dead. Ian is working on a solution.
2. Big White repeater; Working
3. Dilworth repeater; Chris VE7QN suggested we add PL on receive to help with interference. Geoff VE7WAT will investigate.
4. Orchard repeater; Ham wan is installed and IRLP raspberry pi is in place. Its not working. We think its may be cabling. Allen VA7AZV will work with Stephan VA7STV to fix wiring harness on the node and assess power usage. Building needs some repair. Geoff VE7WAT would like to is a Telco line (VIOP) installed.
5. BlueGrouse ; no change
6. Black Knight; no change
7. D-Star repeaters. Ian is talking to Industry Canada to re-start.
8. Cedar Creek Club Station. Salmon Arm has protection circuit mod. Rob Hickman VE7HMN has mod to fix. We need a step stool for the Ham room. Need to Blow out computers. New Ethernet needs to be pulled. It would be nice to have Alarm system reporting needs to be setup - Mike Fleming VE7FI
9. Kuipers Peak; Allen VA7AZV donated 12 port rigrunner. The new Fusion repeaters are Due next week and Fred VA7UN says we should be on the air in 3 weeks(ish)
10. APRS Sites; VA7OGO-15 Revelstoke City I-gate. Not Working. Anyone in the area please pick up the radio, power supply, antenna, coax and pipemast.
11. TPARC. Hu VE7HR Said radio sites are being decomm'd TPARC is on its last legs. We will know more after July. Hu will report back then.
12. HamWan; BlkKnt mnt. A new link radio to LandMark will be installed and the third (back) sector
14. List of Gaming projects for 2018.
1. Grab and Go Kit Upgrades (System Fusion Digital Radios) Supporters: Geoff VE7WAT, Fred VA7UN Need to inventory existing kits Ideally we build 6 Should be the same radios as used at the club stations 2. Complete Hamtronix Repeater Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Ian VE7BST 3. DCI Filters Supporters: Fred VA7UN , NEEDED 4. OKM Hamwan Equipment Supporters: Stephan VA7STV Fred VA7UN 5. Batteries KUI Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV 6. Batteries OKM Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV 7. Repeater Site Relay control Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Allen VA7AZV 8. Campbell Mountain HamWAN Two Sectors Backhaul to ??? Needs support of Penticton to proceed 9. Wires-X Node HCI-200 Link Radio Supporters: Fred VA7UN, Dave VA7ZA 10. Ellison Vertical HF Supporters: Allen VA7AZV, Tom VE7ENP, John VE7JWS
15. New Business; ICOM radios recovered by Chris VE7QN from the RCMP will be pre-programed and offered to Tech committee members. Batteries will need to be purchased by the Members. Allen VA7AZV will arrange a bulk buy for those interested. Also Allen VA7AZV will create a Repeater list with the input of Committee members. A spread sheet will be circulated and the radios will be programmed accordingly. Alan VE7MET announced that the Repeater Coordination committee will be adding locations on their published list in the near future.
Next meeting June 5, 2018, 19:00 hours @ Maybe - Kelowna #1 fire hall.